Monday, October 25, 2010

Instant Gratification

I have had an incredibly heavy heart lately, and I am not sure as to the complete reason why. Sure, there are some things going on that could be better and some things that I have been waiting for that have not shown up yet, but overall my life is nowhere near where I expected it to be, and that in itself is a gift from God.

I felt awkward since the minute I woke up today. I was overly sluggish, even for a Monday morning, and just did not have good feelings while getting ready for work. On my drive to work I prayed, asking God to give me patience with the kids (something I ask for each day on my drive to work...  :)  ), and thanking Him for all the amazing things He has been doing in my life. I got to school and this overwhelming feeling of sadness hit me. I was a mess, physically and emotionally. I had to do everything I could to hold back crying, for reasons I am not even sure of. I looked horrible, like my soul had literally been sucked out of me, and felt even worse. Even the kids who I really enjoy that come in to talk to me every morning could not make this horrible, gut-wrenching, in the pit of my stomach feeling go away. Thank goodness I have conference first period.

During this time, I took time to pray again, asking God to take this feeling away and help me make it through the day without completely falling apart, the way I felt inside, that I felt was going to tear out of me at any moment. Literally, not 10 seconds after I ended my prayer, my heart felt instant peace. I know that sounds incredibly crazy and unrealistic, and if I had not experienced it myself I would not have believed it, but in that moment God gave me the instant gratification I needed to make it through the day. Even as I write this blog and remember my feelings this morning, I still have complete peace in my heart.

I am confident that this is God telling me that even though He has not answered my months-long prayers (yet!!), that He still knows I am here and still loves me just the same, but it's just not the right time. Honestly, I was starting to get down and out about the unanswered prayers, but His love pouring on me seconds after I asked was definite reassurance that He knew I needed to know that my prayers have not been unheard. I cannot thank Him enough for that reassurance.

What I learned from this experience today is that I want to love others like God loves me. I want to love me like God loves me. And most importantly, I want to love God like He loves me. I want this love to shine through me, into others. Every single day I want to be a reflection of God's amazing love.

Celebration Christian Church, and the amazing people there have allowed me to begin this journey. I never would have thought being in Marion, Ohio could serve as a positive experience, but as I said earlier, my life is nowhere near where I expected it to be, but it is right where it needs to be. I wouldn't have even dreamed of it a year ago, but I thank God everyday for bringing me here now and for the people He has put in my life when I needed them most. He sure knows what He is doing!!!!!

Now my task is to let go and let God.....Let the battle begin!

2 comments:

  1. Crystal-
    Such a blessing to me to read this post. It is amazing to see the wonderful woman of God you are blossoming into. It takes such maturity to "wait" on God, especially when it's something you want so badly. Believe me, I know! And I am NOT always mature. ;)
    Love you so much and so very proud of you . . . (in a "non old person" way).=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of what I'm learning in my Activate Group through Experiencing God is trusting in Him to take care of you and the all the details of your life. Here are a couple of quotes from one lesson...

    "When you get to the place in your life where you trust Jesus to guide you one step at a time, you experience tremendous freedom."

    "As I follow Jesus one day at a time, He will keep me in the center of God's will."

    "I am the way and the truth and the life." John 14:6

    God is good, isn't He?!

    ReplyDelete