Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Saw God Today

There I go again, letting Satan have control of my life. He is a bad, bad being, but for some reason, I continue to let him in!! I had been feeling down and out. One bad thing happened, and that just led to about a week of downfalls. It finally got to the point where I said I was sick of trying, and kinda decided to give up for a while. Living a life in Jesus is really hard. I didn't touch my Bible, went to church, but wasn't really there, and put on that fake smile I had been so used to wearing. Sunday/Monday was the last straw. I had had enough. I was defeated. I was knocked down and wasn't getting back up. I was just too tired of it all. That was, until a friend posted Psalm 34 on my Facebook wall (a ton of other friends were very supportive as well). God knows exactly what to tell the right people what to say....

That night I fell to my knees and bawled, telling God I was sorry, and asking Him to forgive me and help me find my way back to Him. I was beginning to feel more at peace, and the things that were happening didn't seem such a huge deal after all. I was liking that feeling, but I still wasn't back on fire, like I had been lately.

Tonight I came home and opened my Bible for the first time in over a week. I wasn't sure where to start, so I decided a Psalm was always good. Number 13, my favorite number. This is what it said:

Psalm 13

O Lord, how long will you forget me?
Forever?
How long will you look the other way?
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul,
wth sorrow in my heart every day?
How long will my enemy have the upper hand?

Turn and answer me, O Lord, my God!
Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.
Don't let my enemies gloat, saying,"We have defeated him!"
Don't let them rejoice at my downfall.

But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
I will sing to the Lord because he is good to me.

The commentary says: the psalmist's piercing cry for help becomes a confident song of hope. Hope- the feeling that you have, that the feelng that you have won't last forever. God couldn't have gotten this message through to me better if He would have stood in front of me in the flesh speaking these same words.

It is hard living a life in Christ. Satan will try every trick over and over again to make us fall. When we fall he will try to keep us down. We are going to fall, God knows this. He talks about it in the Bible. If we don't fall, we are perfect, and none of us are fortunate enough  to have that status. When we fall, we need to rely on God's strength and power to help us back up. God is faithful. He is always waiting to lend a hand, whenever we need it. We just have to be faithful and trust that He is the only way. Being vulnerable is something no one feels real comfortable with. But, it is something that is necessary to get back up when you fall. God's arms are always out, ready to pick us up and wipe off the dust. We just have to remember to be faithful no matter what, no matter when.

Giving up and giving in is easy. That's why Satan takes that route. God is great enough to take on the hardships of not giving up, and He wants us to do the same. That is why He is God, and that is why there is no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment