Wednesday, December 29, 2010

What I Learned

For those of you who don't know...Activate Groups are small groups at our church that last about 3 months and meet once a week. There are several to choose from and several topics to learn about. This is what my AG has taught me in the past 3 months....

1. Trust God Completely- no matter what you are going through and how difficult or easy it may be, know that God is by your side every minute of it and will walk through it with you. God is the only for sure thing in our life today, and is the only for sure thing in our every single day ahead.
***God, I praise You that You are with me in this moment and You stand in my tomorrow as well.

2. Put God in Every Situation/Focus on Him- God is the reason for our being, for our whole existence. He knows what we need, when we need it and how we need it. We may not get what we want, when we want and how we want, but we will get what we need. Even when we don't understand, we need to put God into the situation, focus on Him and cling to Him with every action.
***God, I praise You for being the wisdom I can lean on when I have none of my own. Circumstances change, but I praise You because You never do.

3. Focus on Relationship, not Religion- Many people think religion is just a set of rules that we think we should follow in order to get to Heaven. Without a relationship with God, religion is nothing more than that. No earthly relationship can be maintained without time, communication and effort from all parties. God does the hard part for us. He longs for a relationship with us. He offers us His time, communication and effort at ANY time we want it....we just need to meet Him in the middle and do our part. A relationship with God is the most rewarding material possession you could ever have.
***God, I praise you for never leaving me and for Your love and Your compassion that never fails.

4. Be Intentional- Focus on your surroundings. Take the time to hold a door open for someone a few steps behind you. Take the time to listen to a friend when they are struggling or joyous. Give your time to help others in greater need than you. The best thing you can give to someone is yourself. Your thoughts, your beliefs, your actions, your material possessions that they have none of. We are all blessed way more than we deserve and we need to take time to be intentional and share those blessings with others.
***God, I praise You for blessing me and giving me the ability to share my blessings with others who are less fortunate and in need.

5. I Can be a World Changer- God has given me the life He has so that I can make a difference. He handpicked me, selected me. Out of all the other people in the world, He trusted me to be effective for Christ. That is a huge responsibility, and one I gladly accept with a humble, peaceful feeling in my heart. I may just be another person in this world, but to one person, I may be the world. Showing even one person the light of God is a magical, amazing, humbling, gratifying experience that cannot be topped.
***God, I praise and thank You for handpicking me to lead a life that is effective for Christ.

In the past 3 months my life has been turned upside down, rightside up, twisted in circles, and back again. It has been an amazing rollercoaster ride and has changed me more than my previous 24 years of life. I thank my AG girls and I thank my God from the bottom of my existence for bringing on this glorious change and I pray that the rollercoaster ride continues to do unspeakable changes in my life so that I may help create unspeakable changes in the lives of others.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, good stuff. I totally feel like a changed person after the last three months. So glad I was able to share this experience with you and all the other AG girls.

    ReplyDelete